Tips For Your Big Day
Planning a wedding should be one of the most exciting times in your life, yet it can be extremely stressful. Here are some tips to help stress less and smile more!
What’s your vision?
Sit down together and discuss all of the things you envision for your wedding day. Think about weddings you’ve attended in the past – what did you like, what didn’t you like?
What elements are your main priority?
Decide what will make or break the wedding experience for you and your fianc?ï¿½e. Are the guests the most important? The food? The venue? Before you can allot money in the budget, you should have a firm idea of what’s most important to you.
What’s your budget?
Get together with everyone involved in paying for the wedding (parents, grandparents, etc.) and decide on a basic budget. How much can you afford to spend on your wedding? Who is paying for what? Set this price as soon as possible to give you an idea of the direction your wedding will take.
Now that you have a basic idea of your vision, budget and the elements that are most important to you, it’s time to start planning!
– Ask for vendor recommendations from friends, family, coworkers and your planner.
– Open a wedding only bank account and start depositing savings as soon as possible.
– If you are going to charge your wedding expenses consider getting a cash-back or air miles rewards credit card. Put these rewards toward something useful – like a discounted flight for your honeymoon!
– Meet with vendors before booking them.
– Search online for fabulous wedding websites and blogs filled with inspiration and ideas!
– Keep a little notebook or index cards in your pocketbook. When something inspires you or an idea pops up in your head, write it down!
– Incorporate little touches that tell your guests about you as a couple.
– There’s a solution for EVERY budget. Being creative is the name of the game when planning a wedding.
Most importantly, remember to enjoy your engagement! Happy Planning!