Why You Should Seek the Services of a Wedding Planner
When you make the decision to get married and begin to plan a wedding, numerous feelings make their appearance – some expected and some not. There is love, happiness, excitement, fear, joy, and the real biggie – stress.
A wedding planner is the recommended cure for pre-wedding day stress. An organized and reliable wedding planner can whisk away the worries of getting the wedding done right and having everything ready at the right time and place.
What does a wedding planner do?
A wedding planner can do as much or as little as you wish. What you want him or her to do depends upon two things – your budget and how much you want to be involved. The following is a partial listing of a wedding planner’s responsibilities and how (s)he can make your life a lot much easier.
• Help you set a budget and stick with it to check out the best quotes for everything you need
• Assist you on wedding etiquette
• Set a plan for everything that needs to be rented – the wedding and reception venues, the band or DJ, the florist, the photographer, the videographer, men’s wedding attire, limo service
• Set a timetable for when everything needs to be ordered – the flowers, the rental equipment, the cake, the gifts for the bridal party, wedding invites
• Deal with all vendor contractual agreements
• Organize the wedding and reception timetable
• Organize vendor delivery times
• Assist you to obtain the officiant of your choice
• Take care of the engagement and wedding announcements in your local newspaper(s)
• Assist you with finding your wedding colors and making sure all wedding d?ï¿½cor colors complement each other
• Help you and your bridal party shop for your wedding attire and accessories
• Coordinate flower position at the wedding and reception venues
• Coordinate the placement of reception table set-up
• Give prospects for make-up artists and hair stylists
• Helps coordinate the wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
• Coordinate return of rentals and deposits
Choosing a wedding planner
When deciding on a wedding planner, the best resources are your pals and loved ones. If they do not know of any, meet with a couple of wedding planners and do a comparison of their character and credentials. Find out how long they have been in the industry and if they have a list of references. Here are some other questions to consider.
• Do they listen to what you want?
• Do they seem bossy?
• Do they return your calls immediately?
• Do you like their recommendations and preference?
• Do you think you will get along well together?
• Do they appear to be decent negotiators and problem solvers?
• What is the cost and how is it computed?
• Is your wedding the only wedding booked for that wedding planners’ day?
If you do choose to hire your wedding planner, you need to sign a contract that spells out everything – the duties, the cost, the responsibilities, and provisions if you decide to cancel the contract.
A good wedding planner is not only a great organizer, but is a fount of useful information, experienced with problem solving, has a great sense of style and aesthetics, and has the skills and patience for the occasional peace-making needs.
If you want to make your pre-wedding day life more comfortable and can afford the services of a wedding planner, you should most certainly hire one. Your wedding day is going to be the most memorable days of your life and you will be able to enjoy it so much better if you don’t have to worry about any of the details.
Concentrate on your special day, and what it means to you and your fianc?ï¿½. Relax and have a wonderful day.