Top Locations For Small Office Parties
There are a few times when the lack of real estate space in NYC actually comes in handy. Maybe not when it comes to apartment hunting, but surely when it involves finding venues to accommodate small parties. One of the great things about this city is the seemingly endless number of restaurants, bars, and entertainment establishments that are ready, willing, and able to host corporate events – even when you’re booking a small size party. The venues below are perfect for having a small to medium sized event because of the ability to section off private space, the owner and staff’s attentiveness, and/or unique attributes that only a smaller venue can bring…because having a small office party doesn’t mean having to skimp on style or service.
1. Vintage Irving. This great little wine bar is the perfect setting for a classy event with a fun twist. The Tasting Room is a private section that can be reserved for up to 30 guests. Have more than that? Rent out the entire restaurant and accommodate up to 100 guests. Vintage Irving is conveniently located next to Sidebar, a bar / lounge with flat screen TVs and pumping music for when the wine buzz kicks in and the party is ready to take it up a notch.
2. ‘inoteca. The Lower East Side location has a downstairs room that is perfect for small parties. With outstanding food, stylish d?ï¿½cor, and tons of people clamoring to get in, the private room feels like a haven in a hotspot.
3. Kitchen & Cocktails. Murray Hill as a location may leave something to be desired, but if you have a younger, fun office crowd, Kitchen & Cocktails offers a good alternative to the normal office party venues. The back room has its own bar and can be rented out for private events, making it convenient to keep the bar crowd separate, but easy to mingle with the music.
4. Sagaponack Bar & Grill. A beautiful space in the Flatiron District that can accommodate up to 55 guests in the semi-private mezzanine level or 165 guests in both the main and mezzanine space combined. Elegant, stylish and suitable for dinner or just drinks, this restaurant will impress without necessarily breaking the bank.
5. Lavagna. This place is known for great food, great staff, and great atmosphere. Lavagna is an East Village favorite because of its versatility. Whether looking for a laid-back scene that feels as comforting as home or a trendy spot filled with ambiance, Lavagna fits both bills and manages to do so seamlessly. Despite its popularity, the restaurant is accommodating to parties and intimate enough to make guests feel like staying for another glass of vino.
6. Chinatown Brasserie. With 2 private rooms (one bigger and one smaller) Chinatown Brasserie can accommodate parties ranging from 20 to 75. Asian fusion cuisine might not be everyone’s favorite, but for an adventurous crowd that wants a scene, this is not your average Chinese restaurant. And at the end of the day, who really doesn’t love dumplings?